Health & Fitness
How to control diabetes without insulin
Diabetes is a dire disease that is easily controlled without the use of insulin injection provided the right knowledge and right techniques are shared. Glucose levels can be controlled through simple lifestyle changes and adjustments.
It does not matter whether one suffers from Type 1 Diabetes or Type 2 Diabetes, the control methods are similar and just need to be tweaked for your particular body. It is always recommended to consult a doctor before commencing any non-insulin related control techniques.
- Diabetics should always be seeking new methods to control their A1C (glucose levels), cholesterol, and blood pressure. These three items combined make up your health profile. If one is completely out of the norm, you will feel the consequences on your body.
- An aspirin regime should be implemented. Aspirin is a blood thinner that prevents clots. This blood thinner has been found to prevent heart attacks and other heart problems as heart problems are caused by clogs or “clots” in the heart valves.
- Every type of diabetic should exercise very regularly. The exercise should occur at least five times per week. Because of fluctuating glucose levels, diabetics have a hard time managing weight. Extra weight adds extra stress to every part of your body.
- A doctor can construct a meal plan for you to control your glucose levels. This meal plan should be followed to the letter because it is not merely a diet, it is an effort to control a disease without the use of medications.
- If you decide to take any vitamin or medication, consult your doctor first. It is difficult to know (without a doctoral degree, that is) how different herbs or chemicals will affect your delicate glucose levels.
- If you have any type of diabetes (Type 1, Type 2, what have you), smoking is very detrimental to your condition. You should quit smoking as soon as possible. If you drink, even socially, consult your doctor as to what is a safe amount to consume.
- No matter what control methods you are exercising, your glucose levels should be examined constantly. If your levels reach what your doctor has deemed a dangerous level, seek medical attention.
- Your goal, at first, should be to reduce your insulin dependency. Going “cold turkey” can send your system into shock. Make sure you alert your doctor of your intentions and ask him for the best method in which to proceed.