How to get accepted for Google Adsense
Google Adsense is an advertising program that allows webmasters, or publishers as they are known in the world of advertising, to earn money from inserting ads provided by Google on their pages. Adsense is a cleverly devised programas it delivers ads that match the content of the pages. Its usually determined by the frequency and location of the keyword/s on the page.
Adsense is simple to implement
Its also very simple to implement on your pages as it requires simple copy and pasting of the code they supply to the where you would like them to appear. Google currently allows up to 3 ad blocks to be inserted on a single page. Each block may contain up to 5 ads (large skyscraper), but not all may appear at any one time depending on the supply of ads and other factors.
Getting accepted by Google is not as difficult as some have you believe. When you apply to Google for adsense, there are certain things you should bear in mind that should get you easily accepted:
- Make sure your site is of a decent size (there is no point in applying for a site that contains a single page). Minimum pages recommended would be 10-15, a site with a nice structure with appropriate links to all pages from the index (home) page.
- Never apply with a site with no content and full of ads. It is likely to be rejected outright.
- Make sure the site is original in content i.e. pages not copied from another site.
- Google has a small list of strict terms and conditions that you must adhere to. They prohibit sites that promote racial intolerance, violence and other obscenities, sites about guns and knives will also face rejection.
Avoid broken links
- Make sure the site does not have any broken links. If your site is really big, I am sure they would be too concerned about a couple of broken links. But, why take the chance? Just fix all your links before you apply.
- If you use an address from where there has already been a previous application made then you may get rejected initially, no need to worry! Just send a nice and cordial email to the adsense team explaining that it was a different applicant (could be a relative or a flatmate or whoever it may have been) and they should get in contact with you and should approve by rechecking the details of the previous applicant and yours.
- Don't worry if your site does not have a page rank. Google does not expect a brand new site to be ranked so fast anyway.
Google accepts sites with no traffic
- Your site does not have to generate a certain number of page views. This might have been the case when they first launched but they have since changed their policies to accept the smallest of publishers.
- If you have other text based ads on your pages from another company and look much like Adsense ads, you will either be rejected or you will need to ensure they do not appear on the same pages. Google does offer the abilty to show similar ads from another company in its place when it is unable to offer relevant ads. You will have to insert the script that allows to do this.
Apply by going to the Adsense homepage
Remember, acceptance time can vary from publisher to publisher. Do not worry if it has been a few days, but if it gets to 2 weeks and you haven't heard, send them a polite email describing your situation.